Jaci’s Tree Lodge is a unique and very attractive lodge perched high up in giant Tamboti or Leadwood trees – here you can relax in one of 8 luxurious, expansive “tree houses” constructed up to 4 metres above the ground on wooden stilts, offering you a magnificent tree-top safari experience where you can watch squirrels play outside your window! Made from African rosewood and thatch, each “tree house” blends seamlessly into the surrounding canopy, making for fantastic bird watching in a natural environment. Each of the eight double-occupancy tree house-style suites features a private outdoor shower and indoor bath, and suspended private viewing decks. Each suite is decorated with our trademark African vibrancy, complemented by modern elements and with a focus on privacy. The custom-built stilted structures are connected by suspended walkways.
Tree house Suites Include:
Large indoor bath. Private outdoor shower. Private viewing deck. Eco-friendly amenities. Air conditioner and ceiling fan. Access to the Main Lodge swimming pool. Twice-daily game drives, including sunset/sunrise stop and night drive with astronomy. Afternoon tea, dinner and brunch. Local and specialised teas and fabulous filter coffee. Fireside starlit dining as often as possible. Private chef for the duration of your stay. 24-hour access to our submerged Terrapin Hide.
Jaci’s Tree Lodge Gallery
Jaci’s Safari Lodge
Reached by a stunning suspended walkway, Jaci’s Safari Lodge boasts eight luxurious rooms and two-family suites, each with a large mosaic bath, outdoor “bush” shower and private deck, from which to watch warthogs rolling in the mud or tree squirrels darting through the foliage! With thatch roofs, low stone walls and canvas panels that roll up, the spacious rooms really let the outside in – making for a unique African safari experience even from the comfort of your bed.Tented suites include: Large indoor bath, Private outdoor shower,
Private viewing deck, Eco-friendly amenities, Air conditioner and ceiling fan. Access to the Main Lodge swimming pool. Twice-daily game drives, including sunset/sunrise stop and night drive with astronomy. Afternoon tea, dinner and brunch. Local and specialised teas and fabulous filter coffee. Fireside starlit dining as often as possible. Private chef for the duration of your stay. 24-hour access to our submerged Terrapin Hide.
Jaci’s Safari Lodge Gallery
Jaci’s Lodges Media
Activities at Jaci’s Lodges
The “Terrapin” Photographic Hide
The Terrapin Hide is located in the middle of a waterhole, with easy access from Jaci’s Tree Lodge and within walking distance of Jaci’s Safari Lodge. The hide, which is accessed via a submerged tunnel and features a water-level viewing window, has established Jaci’s Lodges as a premium photographic safari destination.
The low angle gives photographers an unparalleled opportunity to capture eye-level images of the plethora of animal life that visits the waterhole daily. Its west-facing orientation guarantees soft morning light and warm backlit silhouettes in the late afternoon. From the safety and unique vantage point of the hide, you might even get lucky and capture an elusive leopard, swimming elephants or African wild dogs.
The hide is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Fully equipped with red LED interior lights, spotlights and a radio, this unique vantage point is enjoyed by not only photographers but all lodge guests.
Accompanied by an expert walking-trails guide, guests can explore parts of Madikwe Game Reserve on foot. You may not spot many of the larger animal species (although you will almost certainly see their spoor), but you will learn so much more about the relationship between flora and fauna in the African bush, making it an unforgettable experience for all your senses.
The focus of a walking safari is the things you may miss on a game drive: the smaller animals, insects and birds, surrounding trees and grasses, with a spotlight on animal spoor and dung, small flowers and plants, bird calls and the aromatic smells of herbs and shrubs.
Your Safari Schedule
- Wakeup call: You will be woken by a knock on your door. Please feel free to make a cup of coffee/tea in your room, or enjoy tea, coffee and cereal at the Main Lodge before setting off on the morning drive.
- Departure: The morning drive leaves from the Main Lodge and includes a stop along the way for exceptionally good coffee and freshly baked rusks.
- Brunch: Enjoy a delicious continental or full-English breakfast selection, with additional lunch dishes and refreshments, on your return from the morning drive.
- Music workshop sessions: Enjoy your musical workshop sessions to be had from late morning until mid day.
- High tea: Refreshing homemade drinks and an assortment of savouries and pastries are served before you depart for your afternoon drive.
- Departure: The afternoon drive also leaves from the Main Lodge and includes a stop for your choice of sundowner as well as stargazing after sunset.
- Dinner: On returning from the drive, guests have time to freshen up before pre-dinner drinks at the Main Lodge bar, before being treated to a variety of South African-inspired, fire-cooked dishes, which we serve under the stars around the campfire as often as possible.